 General / 7947
    lost childhood pieces —Christopher Tracey
   I was recently going through some boxes of old toys at my parents house when i made unearthed about 100 pieces from my sloppy youth. Items to note were a a 1x2 gray brick with the classic space logo, two complete yellow classic space men with the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: lost childhood pieces —Selçuk Göre
      Christopher Tracey wrote in message <37E7D999.24F3BB74@usgs.gov>... (...) is (...) You can narrow down your interval as 1977-1979. I have two sets from 1980 and 1981 and neither has the pieces in the mentioned form. I know this piece (I have at (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: lost childhood pieces —Gary R. Istok
      (...) I'm going to plead ignorance on that one. I too have some of those pieces. But I do have a lot of opened sets, and it's like a needle in a haystack trying to find the original set where these pieces came from. Gary Istok (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: lost childhood pieces —Christopher Tracey
     Thanks for the info. Someday I will figure out what my first LEGO sets were. Does anyone know the purpose of the slot(ie. makes the bricks lock tighter)? Just curious? -Chris (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: lost childhood pieces —Selçuk Göre
     Most probably its purpose is adding elasticity to the brick, so crack initiation and loosing the connection ability of the brick as a result, could be delayed. They also went the same way in some other pieces. Look at (URL) can easily see the same (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: lost childhood pieces —Tore Eriksson
   I was a little worried when I saw the subject line. I'm glad your message wasn't about "pieces of a lost childhood" :) My latest find is a suitcase full of Lego parts! Thanks to you, I could identify that 4x4x6 space window frame. Must be the one (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)