 General / 7536
Re: New Minifig Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 15:25:35 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Ashley Glennon writes:
I have recently completed a website featuring minifigs touring a modern art
musuem.  Have a look at:

http://www.minifigmuseum.freeservers.com

This is my first website so I am not too savvy on html and design (yet).

I'd say you hit the ground running in a very good way!  :)  WAYYYY COOOOL!
This is one of the most original LEGO fansites I've ever seen.

The site features lots of JPEGs and may download slow.  I've debugged it
the best I could before releasing it here on LUGNET but I'm still told it
tosses a lot of cookies and may be running scripts.  Your feedback on how
I might improve the site would be greatly appreciated.

OK, here is some feedback:

It's sending one cookie per page, which is, yeah, a bit annoying, but no
where near as annoying as some of the big-name commercial sites which send
multiple cookies per page (one per image).  On the other hand, when I view
it using Internet Exploiter, the main page seems to be sending 4 cookies
rather than 1 with Netscape...odd...  :)

Your JPEGs look awesome, but if you wanted to reduce the size, you could
save them as "high quality" rather than "max. quality" (if you're using
Photoshop) and they'd probably look just as good and load twice as fast.
In any case, I sure wouldn't mind the wait if I was on a really slow
connection, because the images are well worth the wait!  :)

BTW, you might try reducing the title font size on the artpageentrytitle.htm
page a size or two -- unless someone's browser window is set really wide,
the text wraps and causes the legal fineprint not to show up in that frame.

Thanks to all of you on LUGNET who inspired the creation of this site.
You are all referenced on the "about" page.

One final note, several early reviewers of my site have asked where I got
the minifig with the T-Shirt that I display in the gift shop.  This minifig
appeared in specially marked boxes of LEGO LOCO.

Enjoy the art!  I will add more art in the future.
Ashley

Excellent!  Can't wait!!  I'm amazed by the variety of designs already
shown -- and the years and the artist names even fit!  Good show!!!

--Todd