 General / 7091
Re: New to this site.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:43:37 GMT

Jodi Neal <LunaTarlun@Prodigy.net> wrote:
I've just started my adult lego collection.  I have bits and pieces of some old
sets.  I was wondering if there is a lot of trading or selling one on one or in
groups on this site?  Have groups of you ever gotten together and traded
amongst yourselves?  Do many of you sell items on ebay? Or other sites?

Please send replys to my email.

First, Welcome!  We're always glad to see someone else come out of
their dark ages.

Second, while asking for replies via e-mail is fairly common on Usenet
newsgroups, it's not here.  This is a friendly place where we discuss
a lot of things, and taking something like this to e-mail really just
robs anyone else of the benefit of the information.

There are specific newsgroups at LUGNET that are meant for
buying/selling/trading - lugnet.marketplace.buy-sell.trade comes to
mind.  There is also a group just for auctions -
lugnet.marketplace.auction.  You can reach each of these groups at the
following URLs:

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/

http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/

Hope that helps.  If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Oh, as for eBay, yes, some people do use it to sell things, and more
use it to buy.  Quite a few of us do things other ways, though.  2 of
them are listed in my sig below.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/   (still in Beta)