 General / 6934
Re: Colonial Viper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:31:22 GMT

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> writes:
This is really great!  The coloring is wonderful, and I love your use
of the 1X2 rounded brick/plate combo pieces--especially on the front.

Thanks!  Before I cleaned up the LEGO in the LEGO room and sorted all of
it (which took about 4 weeks, on and off), I wasn't sure I'd have enough
of those pieces.  I knew I the X-Wing engines would be too small, but I
wasn't sure what to use intead of the rounded bricks.  Therefor, work on
the model stopped with just the nose and cockpit completed.  Four weeks
later, I finally had the chance to finish the model.  I was pleasantly
surprised to find enough of the pieces I needed.

Nice job detailing the cockpit, too.

I found the X-Wing cockpit kind of sparse for having so much room, so I
made up for it in this model (I think it looks rather comfortable).

And nice POV work.

Thanks!  I just wish my computer didn't take so long to render...
--Bram