 General / 6930
Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:00:52 GMT

Hey Tom,  Thanks - I've been trying to remember the toy store name where I got the
large number of London Bus and Lear Jet sets back in the 1980's.  It was KB Toys,
the toy Liquidator!  (I don't think they have Detroit area stores any more.)   That
explains finding sets that were 10 years old.

Gary Istok

Tom Stangl wrote:

Yeah, well, 50% off is no great deal FOR YOU.  Me, I live in an area that stuff
almost NEVER goes on sale past 20%, because it sells out before it can hit any
lower IF they had any in stock to begin with.

I got my first deep discount sets in AGES last week by driving 40 miles to a KB
Toy Liquidator for the 8456s, and it made me pretty happy.

Out of all the 5571s I bought, want to guess how many came from my STATE, let
alone my area?  I'll save you the trouble - NONE.  They weren't discounting
them past $70 in CA, and none of the stores I called had any in stock anyways.
I had been happy with the 2 I bought for $80 2 months before locally, but after
what I got them for by ordering them from PA, VA, MD, and others, it wasn't
such a great deal anymore.

Mike Stanley wrote:

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote:

Mike Walsh wrote:

<snip beginning of beautiful relationship>

BTW - she can't order bulk or parts packs but does get a 50% discount on
sets.

!!?? Well, did you propose marriage???

Why?  50% off isn't THAT great a deal.

Now 75% off, maybe.

--
The parts you want without a bunch of crap?
Run your own LEGO auctions for free! (still in Beta)