 General / 6918
    lego sweeper —Jodie Early
   Does anyone know of a gadget that sweeps lego into a storage container. A bit like a lego carpet sweeper. A gadget like this would save the arches of my feet at night!!! If anyone knows where I could get one would you please let me know, thanks. (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: lego sweeper —Mark de Kock
     (...) me (...) First thing that springs to mind is a vacuumcleaner... Mark "my vacuumcleaner eats my Lego" de Kock (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: lego sweeper —Jonathan Wilson
      (...) you could buy one of those little dust buster type cleaners nd then search the bag for lego before you empty it. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: lego sweeper —Scott Edward Sanburn
     There was a sweeper out in the early 90's, it was a basic set, you could scoop up bricks with it, however, I had one (I don't know where it is now), and it didn't work that well. Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: lego sweeper —John Rudy
      (...) I personaly use a rubbermade dust pan about 12 " wide and I get most everything up and into a pile or my containers. (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: lego sweeper —Ectal Greenhaw
      It's called the Brickvac (set #1666... hmmmm). And it may not work great, but it does work. Most importantly, it's a lot of fun and makes the task of picking up the pieces silly and entertaining. The set came with a fair amount of okayish elements (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: lego sweeper —Scott Edward Sanburn
     I wonder where mine is, I know I don't have that set in my Excel list. I bought it when I was living in Ohio, I moved back up to Michigan, must be at my mom's! I must find it! :) Scott "I don't know how much Lego I have anymore" Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: lego sweeper —Eric Kingsley
     Personally I have my LEGO up on a table and that saves the arches of my feet. Another solution would be to spread out a spare bed sheet and build on that then when you are done just fold up the corners and you have instantly put all your LEGO into (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: lego sweeper —David Eaton
     The brick vac! This was set #1666 (see (URL) for scans) I don't know how well it works or whether or not they are still being made (I certainly haven't seen one for a while) but who knows.... Dave Eaton (...) me (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: lego sweeper —John DiRienzo
    Apparently, its set #1666. I did not know the number, but I did get one in a bulk purchase of Legos. Since I rarely let my Lego touch the floor, I don't have much use for it... Oh, and it did work when I tried it out! It didn't seem to scratch up (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)