 General / 6871
    Re: new store —John Neal
   Sounds like a great idea, Jerry. It would be even nicer if you cut to 20%, which would match any sale anywhere (excluding clearance of course). It would give a strong incentive for retail buyers to simply come to you first without having to wait to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: new store —Jerry Tucker
   A bit simplistic, in my case anyway. Let's suppose that discounts range more like 38% to 30% (the lesser is on the newest stuff and things like Star Wars where presumably they are paying Lucas some sort of fee). Add in about 5% shipping charge and (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: new store —John DiRienzo
   Jerry Tucker wrote in message ... (...) more (...) Wars (...) throw (...) becomes (...) but (...) I don't think any stores have a continuous markdown of 20%, but thats not what he is getting at (I think). Wal-mart seems to always be a good 10-15% (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)