 General / 6410
Re: Two decades past...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 19:50:46 GMT

Hey Jeff, Congratulations!

(It's a slow day on the net today.....).
When I was your age (Nixon was President in his last full year before getting the
boot), I was in the 6th year of my dark ages.  You're very lucky that your dark
ages (if you ever had one) was relatively short.  My dark ages (1967-79) spanned
some dull years for Lego (1969-73) as well as some exciting years (1975-76).
Luckily I got an opportunity to buy some of the great 1970's sets when I did get
out of my dark ages in 1979.

As to how you feel, if you stay in shape, you shouldn't feel any different at age
30 than you do at 20.  I just turned 46  three weeks ago, and (since I've been
working out and lost 30 pounds in recent years) I feel the same as I did when I
was 30.

What did I get on my birthday (from moi)?  I got 20 old (1960's) parts packs in
mint condition from a collector in Belgium (at only $6 each), which included
"macaroni" bricks in red, black and yellow, some white and grey plates (in those
Architectural service packs), some clear bricks, rare blue regular sloped (inside
and outside) corner bricks, and a lot of Cellulose Acetate bricks in all colors.

Also, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up............

Gary Istok

Jeff Stembel wrote:

Well, I am on the first day of my third decade.  Yup, I turned twenty
yesterday, and guess what?  I don't feel any different.  :)  Anyways, I got
some Star Wars sets, but S@H is taking their time about sending the rest.  :)
Hopefully, by the end of the week, I'll be building 4565, 4533, and 4541!

Jeff