 General / 6387
Re: Lego Jargon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 04:33:41 GMT

Hi Todd,

I looked at http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/9639/rtlspeak.txt
I'm glad you posted it.  I've always wondered what some of those acronyms
meant.
I also think it's interesting how the following has kind-of strayed in the
lcad newsgroups:

*  "MOC" _may_ first have appeared as part of the "LEGO Geek Code" created
   by Derek Schin and others, but I'm not sure whether that is truly its
   origin.

When I see MOC in lcad now-a-days I always think it's a mock-up of a part.
One that is not quite finished for voting, but usefull enough to fill in the
space in your model.  I never thought of it as My Own Creation before :)
What is the word for when definitions change or new words are created?  (I
know I've seen it somewhere before :)

Thanks,
Adam