 General / 6267
Re: Darth Vader at K-mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 00:48:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:
Do these contests (guess the number of bricks in this big huge model) strike
anyone else as... well, really kinda difficult?
Yes these are difficult.  I actually spent about 45 min counting the Yoda in
Target, then I re-counted on a different day and was off by 2 bricks.  So I
put in about 4 guesses for each number within 20 bricks.  I was around 570
pcs...the actual number is 840.  The only thing I can gues is that Yoda is
solid which obviously makes it near impossible to use my lame
"counting/cheating" method.  I guess it serves me right trying to rob the
kiddies of their fun.
Also Legoland CA has a Vader and R2-D2 in front of the Big Store.  Vader's
cape is cloth though which I think is kind of a cheat.

I'm not complaining, it's a contest and it's free stuff and it's fun and I'd
LOVE to see a 6 foot Vader.
I agree that it's fun.  As for the Vader...I thought the R2-D2 was much
better.  I'm just sorry that I didn't take any pictures of them.
Bryce McGlone