 General / 6255
6254  |  6256
Subject:
TLG Market Research, was Re: Bulk Ordering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 23:00:31 GMT

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 18:00:40 GMT, Lorbaat uttered the following profundities...
2) The only people likely to do that (buy multiple sets for a singel piece) are
AFOLs... and we all know Lego knows they don't exist.  So they shouldn't see
any drop in sales, right?  Right, TLG?

8448 is a first for user-survey cards, so hopefully that will
change. I don't know if these cards are present in the US
version of the set, but they are in the UK ones.

The questions are not good enough, however. You are offered
a free product for completion by 15 Feb, 2000.

The questions and choices are:(I would scan it, but have already
filled it in).

Are you a boy girl
What is your age years months
Please tell us how you got this Lego Technic product
purchased myself
asked for Lego Technic and received this one
I asked for this specific Lego Technic...
I did not ask for a Lego Tecnic product, but
received this one.
Is this the first Lego product of any kind that you or other family
members have ever had?
Please see the pictue on the front of the card. Before receiving
this Lego Techic product, did you or other family members
in your home, already have any of the following lego toys?
Choices are ZNAP, System, Technic.
Please check off which of the following building toys you have in
your home.
Choices are K'Nex, Mega Bloks, Meccano
and Steel Tec
Do you have a personal computer in your home?
Only answer if above is yes, does the PC in your home have
CD-ROM Access to the Internet
Only answer if you have access to the internet
Did you visit the Lego homesite *before* receiving this LT product?

There is no space for comments. It also asks if you wish to be contacted
again for your opinions on Lego products.

It does ask if your age and if this is your first product, but stops
well short of being comprehensive. I have been continuously advocating
this type of market research since discovering RTL 18 months ago.
Not in-depth enough, but a step in the right direction.

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888