 General / 6180
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:23:18 GMT

Tom Stangl wrote:

Larry, have you ever checked into offering your expertise to Lego in setting up a
proper bulk ordering process that would be easy enough for those thickheaded
people to realize they'd be making a healthy, noticable addition to their profit
line?

I have thought about it but unless I could show a business plan that,
based on quantitative factors alone, delivered more marginal profit than
their current approach, I suspect it would fail.

From a purely quant perspective, it's not enough to show you can make a
profit, you have to be better than the Internal Rate Of Return, and you
also have to be the most profitable opportunity available.

Else the decision turns on qualitative factors, and since I'm what you
get when you poke yourself with a pin, I can't make that argument very
effectively. We've all certainly tried inside here to come up with
rationales along the "makes people happy, enables free marketing/brand
awareness, drives sales in other areas" areas and not yet had a
convincing enough set.

lugnet.