 General / 6141
Re: Green Wizard/Witch Hat - what set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 02:06:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, "Bryce McGlone" <bmcglone@4mc.com> writes:

i want one too!
im making link from the legend of zelda

Alex I have one that I would be happy to trade.  Give me an email and
we can work something out.  And Eric is right...they come with the
Freestyle sets.  I got mine in the backpack combo thing from about a
year ago.  Maybe this should go in the trade area.  Can someone tell
me how to do move a message from one forum to another?

Bryce,
It's not possible to actually "move" a message from one forum to another,
but there's something called the "Followup-To:" field that you can set
within the header of a message -- and it directs followups that people post
into another group.  For example, if you put this:

  Newsgroups: lugnet.general

Then your message would appear in lugnet.general, and when someone went to
compose and post a reply, their followup message would be directed into
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade rather than lugnet.general.

The "Followup-To:" field is optional and defaults to whatever is in the
"Newsgroups:" field if it's omitted.

As Tom McD already pointed out, you probably don't need to take this
discussion to another group just yet -- not unless it starts wandering into
buy-sell-trade territory:

  "Now, if you wanted to say, 'I have (or want) a green witch hat,
   does anyone want to trade with me?' then you should post to the
   lugnet.buy-sell-trade group."

lugnet.general is a general place for discussing things, but not for
discussing or arranging person-to-person trades (that's what .buy-sell-trade
is for).

--Todd
Thank you both (Todd and Tom).  I didn't mean to step on any toes.  I'll use
the "Followup-To" method in the future.  Bryce McGlone