 General / 6128
Re: Comic book of Jim Spaceborn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 21:24:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, "Mark" <Mkock@spammed.Tulip.com> writes:

I have this comic book (in dutch) that deals with the adventures of Jim
Spaceborn and his robotfriend Keko.
I am wondering, could this be the book 5909? There is no number on the cover.

Yup, that's definitely it!  (I have a couple copies of it in English, and
that's the title.  I'm not sure where the set number 5909 came from, but it
was in the original Pause-Mag DB inherited from Lou Z.)

I think I might have a couple crummy old Quick-Cam photos up somewhere from
a copy I sold in an auction in 1996...lemme see...OK, got it:

   http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/jimspaceborn/

And my second question is: Where did I get this book, and why is there a big
number 1 on it? Are there more books, dealing with Jim Spaceborn and if so,
has anyone got a spare copy? (Never hurts to ask...)

I've always wanted to know that too!  AFAIK, there was 1 and only 1.  :-(

Although this book is not build out of lego, the cover says LEGO Publishing,
so I guess it is on-topic...

Definitely on-topic to this .general group!

--Todd

p.s.  I have one archive-quality copy of the book in mint condition, which
I'm keeping, and one copy which got wet when it was sitting in front of a
window during a rainstorm.  I put paper towels between every page and put it
in front of a fan for 2 days to dry it out, and this seems to have worked
due to the excellent no-smear ink used in the printing process.  The pages
are still wrinkly, but I think all of the images are still great.  So this
would be a perfect candidate copy to hack apart for flatbed scanning.  If
someone wanted to scan the entire book for posterity, I could loan it out
for that.  (First I'll have to find it though, which may take a couple
months...)