 General / 6104
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:33:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
Sanjay,

Thanks for the info.  New Zealand is not the only country that had a (soon to
be discontinued?) bulk order policy, but (and this is rare for me) I kept
silent.

As someone who has NEVER had a bulk order completed (everything in my
collection comes from sets and parts packs), I know that a lot of the AFOL's
in the USA are envious as well as angry.  Here in the USA, it really sucks.
That may explain why it has been 12 years since I have had any contacted with
TLG/USA.

Hmmm, 12 years is long enough (for a self imposed exile).  It's time to "man
the barracades" and write some letters to Enfield and Billund.  Maybe some
media attention first.  (My first contact from TLG was because they saw me
complaining in a newspaper about LEGO policy back in 1985).  How does this
sound "LEGO Group Ignores Its Largest Customers".

Hey Sanjay, thanks for getting me all fired up!!

Gary Istok

Duuude!  You are a columnist!  Cool.... that's just what we need to get their
There don't happen to be any columnists in the Enfield/Billund areas, are
there?  Heh heh.. That sound like a great idea.. BTW: I CAN NOT wait to see
your city when it's done, Sanjay. I have been trying to imagine one of the
scale you described, but I can't picture one!
Greg "This was a test of the emergency broadcast chicken" Majewski
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/
attention.  Go for it!  And don't forget to post the article here :)

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Rubber chickens are the best applied use of polystyrene to date.

Get paid to surf the web!
Visit: http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DGO655