 General / 6103
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:30:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
Hmmm, 12 years is long enough (for a self imposed exile).  It's time to "man • the
barracades" and write some letters to Enfield and Billund.  Maybe some media
attention first.  (My first contact from TLG was because they saw me • complaining
in a newspaper about LEGO policy back in 1985).  How does this sound "LEGO • Group
Ignores Its Largest Customers".

Hey Sanjay, thanks for getting me all fired up!!

Remember all visual media wants *pictures* of *awesome* creations which is
something that Gary and the GMLTC can give them (per region capita, it seems
that the midwest has the most bricks). Maybe Gary, you can put in a good word
for other "brick deficient" areas like San Francisco. Go Gary GO! Go PNLTC and
GMLTC GO!

Though Gary brings up a good point even if you can't build awesome cathedrals
and monster train layouts: make 'em hear it again. And again if necessary. The
squeaky wheel gets the grease. That's why building/starting up a local
unofficial lego club is so important. That way, properly and professionally
presented, you can state your point and get it heard. We're doing this right
now in SF.

My small hope is that with all this money that TLG is saving we get a bulk
ordering service out of it. A long shot at best, I know.

I suppose right now would be a bad time to drop in a resume at TLG?

-Tom McD.
when replying, the ballet "Spam Lake" got horrible reviews.