 General / 6064
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 03:05:33 GMT

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message
news:37A8F982.195DCF32@uswest.net...

Ouch.  Had to rub it in, uh?
I'm sitting here thinking that I wish I didn't know about your good luck,
because it makes me all the more frustrated with those hinnies from • Denmark.
What on earth motivates this company, because it sure ain't green:-(

Umm...I wouldn't say rub it in but consider the following.....

Following is a fact of life for LEGO enthusiasts living in NZ

1) Price of sets is higher than in the US
2) No shop at home service available.
3) Bulk buckets aren't sold in NZ
4) Delay of several months before sets are released in NZ.
5) LEGO clothing not sold in NZ
6) Very few promotional sets released in NZ.  The small Shell sets and the
Maersk Truck are the only one's worth mentioning.
7) LEGO deals via the internet have to be paid in US$.
8) Shipping LEGO sets to NZ is very expensive.
9) The nearest LEGO theme park is as good as a million miles away.

The only redeeming feature was
1) Bulk ordering.

Now....the question I pose to all you good people of the Lugnet family is
which would you choose....bulk ordering or cheaper prices, s@h, bulk buckets
etc?

Believe it or not I'm not trying to show off or rub it in but simply stating
fact.  I feel sorry for those people who have so many creative ideas but so
few bricks.  One such person is endeavouring to build an AT-AT walker, my
favourite SW vehicle.  I would have loved to have helped out but at the end
of the day I couldn't.

The original post was intended in many ways to show how the bulk ordering
process works.  Some people are going to feel bitter and that's
understandable.  But hopefully this will give people more ammunition to
force TLG to offer some kind of bulk ordering service in future.

Sanjay