 General / 5826
    Counterfeit Lego? —Gary R. Istok
   With all this recent talk about Cellulose Acetate Lego (made 1956-63 in Europe, 1961-64 in USA), a few people were wondering if they had counterfeit bricks. Most what people thought were counterfeit, were actually Cellulose Acetate. But that does (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Counterfeit Lego? —Dietmar Stuever
   (...) i happen to have some lego bricks in absolutly weird colors. never knew where they come from until a fellow collector told me that he has a friend who is working at a company that made the machines and mold. and they did lots of testing bricks (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Counterfeit Lego? —Gary R. Istok
    (...) Since I also collect coins, the name coin collectors use for trial pieces from genuine dies are "pattern" pieces ("muster" in German). That is different from counterfeit, which are "unauthorized" pieces from fake dies. Even pattern pieces may (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)