 General / 5764
Re: Spaceship animation is finished (sort of)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 00:21:05 GMT

Way Cool!!
PatJ

Fredrik Glöckner wrote:

Sorry for the crossposting, but I figured this might have some more
general (duh) interest.

I've made a short animation featuring a space ship taking off.  It's
MPEG compressed and consists of 170 frames at 24 fps (7 seconds).

I could have tweaked the animation a little bit more, as I'm still not

too happy with the exhaust.  I also had plans for adding much more
moving details, such as a monorail passing by in the background,
rotating fans, and so on.  But I grew kinda bored with the project, so
drew the line here.

You can download the animation from the address

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/space/

in two different resolutions and two different compression ratios.
The
smallest file is 98KB and the largest is 880KB.  The two animations at

the largest resolution still lack some temporal antialiasing.  I was
supposed to add this today, but brought the wrong set of disks with
me,
so it'll have to wait 'till tomorrow.

You can see some details on how the animation was done, too, along
with
some images of the space ship itself.

Fredrik