 General / 5488
Re: Spaceship animation is finished (sort of)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:42:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Sorry for the crossposting, but I figured this might have some more
general (duh) interest.

I've made a short animation featuring a space ship taking off.  It's
MPEG compressed and consists of 170 frames at 24 fps (7 seconds).

I could have tweaked the animation a little bit more, as I'm still not
too happy with the exhaust.  I also had plans for adding much more
moving details, such as a monorail passing by in the background,
rotating fans, and so on.  But I grew kinda bored with the project, so I
drew the line here.

IMO, it looks okay without the exhaust. Maybe you spent too much time trying
make it look just right and got burnt out on it. It could be repulsor
technology that lifts it up.

All that other detail that was not included would have been cool too. I kinda
wish the minifig was moving a bit, looking left and right, an arm move up and
down a little.

But don't misunderstand me: the movie is still very cool.

-Tom McD.
when replying, "I just.. love scanning for spamcake."