 General / 55829
    LEGO owned by Mattel? —Ahui Herrera
   I've been out of the LEGO loop for a while but I'm 100% sure that this article has it wrong. Right? (URL) According to that article back in 2004 Mattel bought out LEGO? ROFL!!! Yeah Right! -Ahui (12 years ago, 16-Apr-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: LEGO owned by Mattel? —Bob Parker
     (...) You are correct that the original article was incorrect: "(In a previous version of this article, it was incorrectly stated that Lego was purchased by Mattel in 2004. The current story has been updated to reflect this change.)" The comments (...) (12 years ago, 16-Apr-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: LEGO owned by Mattel? —David Laswell
   (...) As Bob already noted, by the time I got to the article, it had already been corrected. However, I believe there was a teeny nugget of truth in there. At the time, I recall hearing some noise about either Hasbro or Mattel making an attempt to (...) (12 years ago, 17-Apr-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: LEGO owned by Mattel? —Gerhard R. Istok
   (...) Right you are David... it would not be possible to buy TLG without having a majority stake in KIRKBI, the family owned holding company for TLG... (URL) principal owners if KIRKBI are the 2 children of Godtfred Kirk Christiansen (son of LEGO (...) (12 years ago, 21-Apr-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: LEGO owned by Mattel? —David Laswell
   (...) Well, there would be two options there. One would be to gain control of KIRKBI and use that ownership to force a sale of TLG. The other would be to buy TLG outright from KIRKBI...but I'd watch where you stand after pulling that off, since the (...) (12 years ago, 24-Apr-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)