 General / 55830
Re: LEGO owned by Mattel?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2012 23:43:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   I’ve been out of the LEGO loop for a while but I’m 100% sure that this article has it wrong. Right?

http://shine.yahoo.com/financially-fit/10-brands-made-comeback-151600113.html

According to that article back in 2004 Mattel bought out LEGO? ROFL!!! Yeah Right!

You are correct that the original article was incorrect:

“(In a previous version of this article, it was incorrectly stated that Lego was purchased by Mattel in 2004. The current story has been updated to reflect this change.)”

The comments are pretty funny - looks like they talk about Lego more than the other brands in the article - of course, of those people, say about 90 to 95% of them call them “legos”