 General / 55662
Re: Canadian prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2011 03:26:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Pete Schildknecht wrote:
Hi all, I Wanted to ask all Canadian Lego fans and anyone else that wants to
support this, to contact Lego and let them know that we are not happy having to
pay up to 20% or more for the same sets sold in the US. As the Canadian dollar
is worth more we should be paying less or at the very least the same!! I have
talked to Lego and they have said that as with re-releasing sets, the more
people that make the request the more chance there is for things to happen.
Please join me in getting all Canadian's the lower prices we deserve.
Thanks.

Count me in on this as well!  I find the price differences when ordering from S@H particularly unfair.  I call S@H and talk to the same person who is taking orders from the US, the LEGO set comes out of the same warehouse as those going to the US, but because of the address on the package I get hosed for 20%-30% extra.   I normally phone in my orders and make a point of staying on the line to answer their customer survey where I let my opinions be known.   However, I'm not holding my breath expecting a big price drop anytime soon.  We have become so accustomed to paying higher prices over the past decades of low Canadian dollar values that most people don't think twice about paying the higher price and retailers and companies are taking advantage of it.