 General / 55602
  AFOL History Project - Redux

You may recall the AFOL History Project that Jason Whittenburg posted some years ago: (URL) was quite interested in the project when it debuted-- every once in a while I'd jump back to it hoping to see more history fill it up. But that only lasted (...) (13 years ago, 6-Jan-11, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: AFOL History Project - Redux

(...) Nifty. how do you want typos or errors reported? (for example, do a find here (URL) on Sharaton. It should be Sheraton ) (13 years ago, 6-Jan-11, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL History Project - Redux

(...) I guess using the submission form is easiest? Or email them if you want. (...) Fixed! I tried running it all through a spell checker, but I obviously skipped over all the proper nouns... DaveE (13 years ago, 6-Jan-11, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL History Project - Redux

(...) Very cool! What about A.T.L. (Alt.Toys.Lego) News group? It might not been as big or popular as R.T.L. in 1994. But A.T.L. did come before R.T.L. a year before or about the same year as R.T.L. As I can remember or recall the first Lego chat (...) (13 years ago, 6-Jan-11, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL History Project - Redux

(...) Yeah, I haven't found a date for it yet-- supposedly in the ballpark of January 1993. I found one source referencing the start as 9 months prior to the proposal for RTL, which happened in Oct of 1994. Unfortunately, I think the archives for (...) (13 years ago, 6-Jan-11, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL History Project - Redux

(...) Nice! I have nothing to contribute at this time That list brought back some happy and some very sad memories! Thanks for the walk down memory lane... Dave K (13 years ago, 11-Jan-11, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL History Project - Redux

(...) Hmmm.... How 'bout the first rtlToronto robotics competition? Would that have been the first known AFOL robotics competition? DaveE (13 years ago, 12-Jan-11, to lugnet.general)