 General / 55515
Re: "Lego Minifigures"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 17:37:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
I just got some series 2 minifigures & I immediately noticed that the
quality of plastic on some of the bodies was not up to par; I looked at the
bags & they are completely made in China.  I figured the new hats,
hairpieces & accessories would be made in China because of the lower
labor/tooling costs, but I had hoped the legs, torso & heads would be made
in Denmark/Europe.  Oddly, I didn't notice a quality difference on the
series 1 figs & didn't think to look at the bags.

Series 1 bags from both markets say all components were made in China.  I also
checked the standard arm on one of my Robots and it has the Chinese Indent,
which I noticed on one of my S2 minifigs yesterday as well.  The Max minifig
that was handed out at LEGO stores a while back is Chinese, and I'd guess that
this holds true for any minifigs that aren't part of standard sets (white Boba
Fett, Chrome Stormtrooper, etc.).