 General / 55499
  "Lego Minifigures"?

I recently found "(URL) which shows twelve "Series 1" Lego minifigures of various kinds. Neat! But I can't find these available to buy anywhere on "(URL) or in fact any mention of them on "(URL) itself. What gives? I see the figures available on (...) (14 years ago, 28-Aug-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego Minifigures"?

(...) These are known as collectable minifigs, and were sold "blind" in non transparent polybags. There was a barcode trick though, permitting us to dertermine wich figure it contained. Two series of 16 different figures each have came out in shops (...) (14 years ago, 29-Aug-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego Minifigures"?

(...) Thanks! So these weren't (officially) available in North America, then? Seems weird to do a regional release for something like this. (14 years ago, 29-Aug-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego Minifigures"?

(...) No, they were. There was a European polybag and a different North American polybag. The two sets of bags came with two different secondary barcodes, so if you had the US codes and bought some random minifigs from Europe, you wouldn't be able (...) (14 years ago, 29-Aug-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego Minifigures"?

(...) This is not so wierd for LEGO as you might think. On this side of the pond we've became pretty much used to the subject of North-American exclusives, amongst others the nice blue version of the "My Own Train" Passenger Wagon from set (URL) (...) (14 years ago, 29-Aug-10, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: "Lego Minifigures"?

(...) They certainly were available. And the US even had sufficient stock unlike Australia where they sold out of most Toy Stores in less than a week. Tim (14 years ago, 29-Aug-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego Minifigures"?

(...) Actually, that's not true. A number of Target stores here in .au still have plenty of stock of Series 1. (14 years ago, 30-Aug-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego Minifigures"?

(...) Actually it is true. They reappeared last week ;) Tim (14 years ago, 30-Aug-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego Minifigures"?

I just got some series 2 minifigures & I immediately noticed that the quality of plastic on some of the bodies was not up to par; I looked at the bags & they are completely made in China. I figured the new hats, hairpieces & accessories would be (...) (14 years ago, 10-Sep-10, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Lego Minifigures"?

(...) Series 1 bags from both markets say all components were made in China. I also checked the standard arm on one of my Robots and it has the Chinese Indent, which I noticed on one of my S2 minifigs yesterday as well. The Max minifig that was (...) (14 years ago, 10-Sep-10, to lugnet.general)