 General / 55487
Re: Questions about Toy Story minifig Woody
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:25:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.general, John Neal wrote:

   Hey Dave, thanks for that info; I was wondering about the exact height of the new, longer legs.

I’d actually been wondering about that for quite a while before actually being able to buy my first Toy Story sets. Everyone showed Woody from the front, but nobody posted a pic of the back of his legs that I could find, so I wasn’t sure if they were going for standard brick/plate height when standing, or brick-length when seated. In the case of the former, they’d have to leave the base of the heel open so it would fit around a stud, but the way they did it, it just looks like they added another hole between the two on a standard leg.

   Yes, there will be a lot of blue jeans and cowboy boots in my new, larger scale world;-) But luckily, I will really only need a dozen or so figs standing around to accent the MOC’s.

Here’s to hoping that TLC decides that some more height variation in the MF world is a Good Thing™ and that more colors will follow.

Note that the 2x2x2 slope that they like to use for skirts is about two plates shorter than the height of the new legs assembly, so that’s always an option that will give you a little more variety there. Besides, if all the men are wearing cowboy boots while standing around a train, it would look period appropriate if all of the women are wearing skirts of some sort.

Well, I’m not really modeling any particular period, so cowboy hats en masse won’t be happening, but the slope idea is a good one to keep in mind. I’ll be using regular, fleshie heads, not Woody, et al., and I’ll be swapping out the torsos, too. All that I really need are the legs and arms. That is why I’m so glad that they are interchangeable/compatible and removable (as opposed to the Jack Stone configurations).

Now I’m getting all excited about it; I might have to go and visit BL! :-)

JOHN