 General / 55482
Re: Questions about Toy Story minifig Woody
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2010 08:39:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Neal wrote:
   You don’t know how right you are, Tim! But not how you think. I am going to use these figs as the basis for my 14 wides:-D

The figs scale out to be around 5’ tall at around 1:29.

Woody picks up about 1/2” over a standard minifig, but a good chunk of that is his massive noggin and hat. The leg pieces are three studs long when seated, much like the standard legs are two studs long, so you’ll actually get about 5/16” increase in height.

The real trick is how limited your part selection is. You’ve got Woody (blue legs with painted boots/yellow arms), Jessie (blue legs with painted boots and cowhide chaps/white arms), dirty versions of Woody and Jessie (same as normal, but with dirt patches painted on them), and Zurg (dark-purple arms, but no leg parts). That’s it. In terms of base part colors, that means you’ve got three options for the arms and only one for the legs, but I am not presently aware of any unpainted legs making it out into private collections.