 General / 5530
Re: Latest Shop at Home Catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 02:24:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Majewski writes:
Mine came last Friday. I've been studying it for pieces/parts. The back
page mentions "L3G0" (as an alternate droid for the Droid Developer) -
I've already contacted Paul Gyugi about this. Maybe he already knew
though.

It is called L-3G0 instead of L3G0. I tink that this proves
that TLG does indeed view pther peoples' pages.

Egad, it doesn't prove that at all.  It only proves that the people who
made up that marketing brochure at TLG are at least as creative with names
as people on the net are.

L-3GO (el three-gee-oh) is obviously a takeoff on C-3PO (See Threepio),
and as such I'm sure TLG certainly could have come up with that if L3G0
(el three gee zero, that is) had never been named.

Keep in mind that TLG is aware of all kinds of ripoffs and bastardizations
of their brand name, for example 0937 in China many years ago.  (0937 looks
like LEGO upside-down.)  They think about these things, and they wouldn't've
missed L-3GO.

--Todd