 General / 55257
    What's the story with all the recent mold changes? —David Simmons
   Hey all, It seems to me that since Lego began outsourcing their brick production, a lot of needless mold changes have occurred. The first one I noticed was the 1x2 brick with Technic axle hole (which no longer has the nice cross/plus design), then (...) (15 years ago, 20-Jul-09, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What's the story with all the recent mold changes? —David Laswell
     (...) I noticed that one as well, but the second change makes less sense. The first one, I'd guess was to relieve stress when an axle is pushed through the hole, and help prevent the bricks from splitting in half. The second change, they filled in (...) (15 years ago, 20-Jul-09, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What's the story with all the recent mold changes? —Stefan Garcia
     I'm no expert in plastics (okay, I know nothing about plastics) but I'd like to offer a few theories. Technic 1x2 Brick - perhaps the failure/reject rate is lower with fewer sharp corners for the plastic to have to flow into? Functionally still (...) (15 years ago, 20-Jul-09, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What's the story with all the recent mold changes? —David Gregory
     The only one I have any info on is the (URL) cylinder>. Someone from LEGO (don't remember who) said that the (URL) previous version> was made up of pieces that were glued together inside. (This makes sense that it would have to be, otherwise how (...) (15 years ago, 20-Jul-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts, lugnet.lego, FTX)

        Re: What's the story with all the recent mold changes? —Jeff Szklennik
   I got set (URL) 5866 Rotor Rescue> for Christmas & it comes with (URL) (6) yellow 1x3 inverted slopes>; (2) of mine have a thinner 'thin' edge while the other (4) have a thicker 'thin' edge. Anyone else notice this? Jeff S. (15 years ago, 29-Dec-09, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: What's the story with all the recent mold changes? —Jeff Szklennik
   (...) I finally took a pic: (URL) Also, I mistakenly posted to .general last time, so I'm setting the reply back to .parts. Jeff (14 years ago, 27-Jan-10, to lugnet.parts, FTX)