 General / 55129
Re: 23 Historic Additions to LEGO Sets/Parts CD Version 3.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 04:59:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Gary Istok wrote:

The LEGO part that has yet never been found...
http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=343085

Just a minor nitpick here, the language on that box is not Swedish.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/4405/scans/lka_6038.jpg

And the small boy shouting "TITTA!" is just saying "LOOK!" :-)

I think I remember this one, maybe I should go through my old Donald Duck
magazines and scan the LEGO ads there...

Thanks Anders,

I found out that the box is Norwegian, not Swedish.  They would both say "System
i lek" on the sides though.

Besides knowing 3 German dialects (and English)... I get lost when things go
beyond this table of translation....
___________________

Denmark: “LEGO Mursten” and “System i leg”

Norway: “LEGO Mursten” and “System i lek”

Sweden: “LEGO Mursten” and “System i lek”

Germany: “LEGO Bausteine” and “System im Spiel”

Austria: “LEGO Bausteine” and “System im Spiel”

Switzerland “LEGO Bausteine” and “System im Spiel” &
“LEGO Briques” and “Du Systeme dans le jeu”

Belgium: 1957-59 “LEGO Bouwstenen” and “Systeem bij het Spel” &
“LEGO Briques” and “Du Systeme dans le jeu”

Belgium: 1958-60 “LEGO Bouwstenen” and “Systeem in het Spel” &
“LEGO Briques” and “Du Systeme dans le jeu”

Netherlands: 1957-59 “LEGO Bouwstenen” and “Systeem bij het Spel”

Netherlands: 1958-60 “LEGO Bouwstenen” and “Systeem in het Spel”

.... and although you'll never find it on a box top... this does show on the
sides of the international language LEGO boxes of 1958-60...

Italy: "LEGO" and "Sistema nel gioco"

England: "LEGO" and "System in Play"

For some reason Finland and Portugal never got their languages on any LEGO
boxes.

Thanks,
Gary Istok