 General / 5510
5509  |  5511
Subject:
need help finding head ('n string)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:19:28 GMT

If you thought twice about what this subject might mean in a Lego newsgroup,
then uh well no comment.

Anyway, I've put together set 6274, Caribbean Clipper, and it appears to be
missing the right type of head for the admiral figure.  Do any other sets
sport this distinctive head?  It has dotty scruff, horizontal-line sideburns
and a small mustache: <http://www.kl.net/scans/6000/6274/6274-02.jpg>.  Also
if anyone happens to have this head or figure they'd like to sell, I'm
interested in buying.

Also, I know this has been covered before but has anyone found a source of
string that replaces the two types of Lego string well?  I've had no luck
finding a type of braded fishing line that someone recommended.  Also no
luck finding carpet thread (and my dad, who's a carpet layer, says the stuff
is pretty thick and coated in wax, mebbe there's different kinds?)  I've
found some black macrame string that's almost as thick as the smaller type
of thread that's included for winches, but nothing that resembles the stuff
used in pirate sets for the pseudo-rigging rope for sails (i.e. stiff,
nylon, thick, black, etc.)  Has anyone ordered the rubber band and string
pack from <http://www.pitsco-legodacta.com/>?[1]  What kind of string is it?
What the hell did you end up doing with all those extra rubber bands :) ?

huzzah,
Micah

[1] Aside, $6 shipping for orders over $5 (and under $40).  Youch!  I was
going to order the pack but by that point it was $13 for two lousy pieces of
OFFICIAL LEGO STRING.  Sorry caps got away with me.
--
perl -e's;^;nsiC%by:n19%o>o2z4on19%`"t2z`fn3o.%.2o.z.2o.g4og.5o.g.4o.4%;;\
s;$;f%.2o.n`fP"Y2>bP"Y2>bz`fzd2>t%`"Y>%`Pz)2>bgfP"Y2>bn%p#f8%.oP"#n%p#p;;\