 General / 5490
Re: Faces of LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 16:18:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Harshbarger writes:
snip

In addition to pictures and names (and maybe email), you could
potentially allow the user to associate a link with their pic. At the
end of the link (on thier site) they could putwhatever contact/bio
information they wished... this could alleviate any concern about
culpability.

I was thinking that with Adults I would be able to link to Home Pages if they
have one along with having a short Bio.  Other things that could be included
would be favorite Themes/Projects etc.

Again if there seems to be enough interest and people would not mind me • hosting
the site I would make up some rules and post them.

For example... I provide various bits of info about myself on my
homepage (below), and surely another LEGO website could not be held
accountable for linking to my site (especially with my
explicit/submitted) permission.

Although I agree that one could not be held responsible for the content of
anothers web site I still think there could be a problem with hosting pictures
of minors and providing contact information for those minors even with their
explicit/submitted permission.

Again this may not seem fair but I for one would not feel comfortable
diseminating any information about a minor that would ultimatly lead to • contact
information of that minor.  Therefore if I were to be the one hosting a site
like this I would not feel comfortable hosting pictures of minors.  That being
said if someone were able to convince me that this would not be improper then • I
would consider it.

Just to throw in my $0.02 (and I'm not disagreeing with much that has been