 General / 54712
    Re: a word in Lego instructions —Timothy Gould
   (...) Thanks. It is rather interesting and I'm surprised it was monolingual. Given my understanding that the US and Canada share instructions I thought most North American booklets would include French as well. Perhaps someone with a European 10179 (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

        Re: a word in Lego instructions —Johannes Koehler
     Hello! (Whoa, first Lugnet post in a very long time.) (...) I don’t own the Millennium Falcon, but I checked the Technic Destroyer Droid that Dave mentioned in the other post. In the instruction booklet the word ”cklick“ is used indeed. I'm pretty (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

        Re: a word in Lego instructions —Richie Dulin
   (...) I suspect 'CLICK' could be regarded as onomatopoeic, and may bypass multiple language requirements of some markets on that basis. (An exception that may also cover other words such as 'CRASH' mentioned by DaveE). Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 22-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

        Re: a word in Lego instructions —Ross Crawford
   (...) However onomatopoeia is generally language specific anyway - how do those crazy frenchmen spell a word that sounds like 'CLICK'? ROSCO (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

        Re: a word in Lego instructions —Richie Dulin
   (...) Good point. I wonder how a native french speaker would pronounce a word spelled 'CLICK'? Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)

        Re: a word in Lego instructions —Philippe Hurbain
   (...) Just the same... we even derived an informatic jargon verb, "cliquer". "Click right mouse button" might be translated as "Cliquez sur le bouton de droite de la souris" ;o) Philo (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.general)