 General / 54547 (-20)
  Re: Serious play

(...) Yeah, well... I've asked 3 times over the last few years to receive information about licensing the sustem, as I'm a trainer / course developer by profession, and they've never bothered to contact me. I know hta tone of the people in the SF (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Stonehenge and Chichen Itza

These were built for the upcoming March 2008 "Around the World in 80 Days" themed TexLUG display. I think I did a pretty decent job, considering I'm working with inventory scraps and leftovers. Stonehenge (2 URLs) Flickr> (URL) Brickshelf> I was (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.org.us.texlug, FTX) !

  Re: Serious play

(...) I did an introductory session of LEGO Serious Play in December, after my boss received an invitation and passed it on to me. I was the only AFOL in the session (of 24). I was impressed, particularly by the way that everyone became involved in (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Serious play

(...) The program is active and slowly growing - there has been more interest in the past couple of years by companies, with the most activity going on in Europe. I got to meet some of the staff behind it and did a very impromptu session (one on (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Serious play

(...) I came across this recently at the ThunderBay, Ontario Airport. Grabbing a brochure from Lloyd Smith Solutions, I found their website: (URL) which has more information, recent news articles, and a video. Seems the program is still active. -Rob (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

(...) Hey Bob I have just tested your code, and it works good.But is it possible that you could write some documentation to your code, it would be nice to fully understand what your doing. Best regards Kim Andersen (17 years ago, 17-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  RAILBRICKS #2 is out!

I’m proud to announce the release of issue #2 of RAILBRICKS! It's a little later than we had hoped, so we crammed in 16 more pages! (2 URLs) Download issue #2 at the following links: Single file download: (13.5 mb - Adobe Reader 5.0 or greater) (...) (17 years ago, 15-Feb-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: What would happen to your collection....

(...) all too true. (...) That's what I'm hoping for. (...) I hear that. Though I am in a buying mood right now and am buying sets/pieces on eBay to enhance my collection. I was once in the mind that I didn't want my pieces to be sold on eBay (...) (17 years ago, 15-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would happen to your collection....

(...) See, it did it again. the double-dash omits text in the reply. Ooooh!!! If I only knew that in all my off-topic debate posts! I could have really convoluted the discussions! Grrr!! I'll probably have my collection divided amongst family and (...) (17 years ago, 15-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: What would happen to your collection....

(...) -- Brian Davis (who also caves, rockclimbs, and similar not-for-the-liability-squemish activities) Two things.... well, 3 things actually... 1. for the first time, LUGNET caught me off-guard. When I went to reply to this message, the double (...) (17 years ago, 15-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  NXT on the Subway

LOL, the School in Brooklyn where I teach Robotics, gave me an NXT Kit (consumer version) to create a robot for them to use at the Science Fair. [LEGOSet 8527] I did not have a bag to carry the box, so I carried it on the Subway. LOL, everyone was (...) (17 years ago, 14-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.general, FTX)

  More Updates at Jain's Guide

Jain's Guide was updated with a string of new features recently, just thought I'd share! FBTB's now has a MOC Report, just like CSF's: (URL) FBTB MOC Gallery> New user profile pages that add more data such as published reports and MOC Report Posts: (...) (17 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: PF IR RC protocol released! - NXC

(...) Many thanks John and Jason for your work on this. I am a comparative newbie to NXC programming but I have my NXT working like a PF IR remote handset now that I set up the sensor correctly! NXC has given me the programming environment to (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) Many thanks John and Jason for your work on this. I have been using the NXC functions to control PF IR receivers from my NXT. TLG has just released the following information: "We have been testing the LPF RC Receiver today and discovered an (...) (17 years ago, 6-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Official statement of the LEGO Group in reply to Wal-Mart Canada no longer selling LEGO products

(...) So if the Euro is the standard, why are not US prices increasing based on the USD losses against the Euro? Is not LEGO losing profitability in the US due to the much weaker USD? Jude X-FUT .loc.ca (17 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Help identifying a set

(...) Clark Stephens brought this set to my attention. It is a Canadian set that is not found in Canadian catalogs of that era. Neither is Canadian set #88. (URL) From 1962-72 USA/Canada Samsonite LEGO sets were often sold thru Department Store (...) (17 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: What would happen to your collection....

Good question. Age is irrelevant. Death can come to any of us, at any time. That car that decided to ignore that red traffic light might just make your Lego collection suddenly without a owner. I have no kids, and since the majority of my collection (...) (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help identifying a set

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:Jvuprq.8CB@lugnet.com... (...) Ya, you really gotta be careful around those little Canadian Squirrels. :D -Rob (17 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help identifying a set

(...) I guess it's obvious it's Canadian: The little Lego Club envelope I remember from as a child, it's in English and in French, which is a Canadian legal language requirement. If you look at the legal on the box flap, it is of the era Lego in (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 4455 {Hotdog girl}

"Paul Sinasohn" <singlow2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:JvsGy1.JM8@lugnet.com... (...) Decisions, decisions? Do I take the c-note or the dirty weiner? Other than that, no clue... Rob (17 years ago, 6-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact