 General / 54167 (-20)
  Re: My UCS Millenium Falcon Has Arrived!!!

(...) Birthday, smirthday.... Open the damn box! Todd (17 years ago, 25-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Lego Purity

So, after being pointed at a (URL) thread on Classic-Space by Felix Greco>, I figured it might be interesting to see how the community feels about Lego purity in general. So, I made a little test: (URL) Right now, it's only got my own information, (...) (17 years ago, 25-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  LEGO brick as a ipod dock (sort of)

I thought this was interesting for both LEGO and ipods fans. (URL) These colorful plastic pieces may look a lot like a LEGO blocks, but they’re actually tiny iPod docks. Each block even has some scrawny little speakers built in, making it completely (...) (17 years ago, 25-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: My UCS Millenium Falcon Has Arrived!!!

(...) I think it would actually depend on when you pay for it. Since the retail brand store is the point of sale, and if you merely ordered it months ago, but have not paid for it yet, then I would tend to believe that the stamping would apply. Just (...) (17 years ago, 25-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: My UCS Millenium Falcon Has Arrived!!!

(...) If I hadn't just finished taking many leave days myself, that's what I'd like to do... be "sick" for a few days... Unfortunately, I wont know what my cert number will be for a few more weeks. I'll post as soon as I know. Have Fun! C-Ya! (17 years ago, 25-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: My UCS Millenium Falcon Has Arrived!!!

(...) Hey, I just received mine today too. I discovered my certificate inside says it is number 319. It is well boxed. The product box inside is full color and it is placed inside a tight fitting brown box. Inaddition, the brown box is placed inside (...) (17 years ago, 25-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: My UCS Millenium Falcon Has Arrived!!!

(...) I have a question for anyone who feels up to taking a stab at this. Now that the Falcon set has shipped in September and retail brand stores are offering "two fer" on the stamps for loyalty cards, should they honor the "two fer" deal on this (...) (17 years ago, 25-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

(...) Very interesting article, thanks for posting it. My thoughts were the same as Alfred's. Also, it can't be a coincidence that the much hated 'Juniorisation' is also one of the causes of the financial troubles! Perhaps AFOLs do know best ;-) Tim (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  My UCS Millenium Falcon Has Arrived!!!

I just thought that I would share my joy. The DHL truck pulled up just after I pulled into my garage. I'm waiting to open it (it's supposed to be my B-Day present), but I don't mind so much. I got to see the "Model Citizens" (sales reps) at the (...) (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  '80 Castle promotional panel

I found this promotional panel in a libray in Lecco center (Italy): (URL) Marco (17 years ago, 22-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

(...) OK. (...) There you go. (17 years ago, 22-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

Indeed, a SUPERB article that answered many, many burning questions that I and countless other AFOL's had. However, I missed the part that explained the color change. Can someone quote that? If, in fact, the color change was done to (...) (17 years ago, 22-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

"Constraints don’t destroy creativity or product excellence, and they can even enhance them." Exactly. Its funny how Lego had to learn this lesson, when (to me) this is exactly the lesson that their product teaches. (17 years ago, 21-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

In lugnet.general, Tony Kilaras wrote: Thanks for posting the entire article Tony. I didn't think I could post the whole article to LUGNET because of the length. CDCWDC (17 years ago, 20-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

"Clifton D. Chambers" <cdchamberssr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JoMtt1.EvL@lugnet.com... (...) Here's the article: Rebuilding Lego, Brick by Brick by Keith Oliver, Edouard Samakh, and Peter Heckmann How a supply chain transformation helped (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.general) !

  This is The Best Article on LEGO Group I Have Read

Someone posted this article on the WAMALUG yahoo group. It does require you to register at the site in order to get to the article, but it is well worth the effort. A very long and detailed article that explains a great deal about the reprogramming (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New BIONICLE.com webmaster

(...) Dave Eaton sent some instructions on how to work around it, haven't had a chance to do that yet. (...) Hope so, I'd love to attend, although I'm in the middle of 2008 planning documentation so it might be tough to break away. But fingers (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New BIONICLE.com webmaster

(...) It will show up at any time you use a lego.com adress. (...) So see you in Skaerbaek next week? Leg Godt! -René (17 years ago, 18-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Kiddicraft and Lego

(...) Excellent article! Thanks! I was wondering whether it would be possible to add the quote here from that 1997 LEGO publication. I would be interested to know how they phrased the Page question. Thanks in advance! Maaike (17 years ago, 18-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact