 General / 54077 (-5)
  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) I'm grateful that brickshelf exists, but I still don't see why that should give him a free pass for pulling a stunt like he did. It's simply bad business practice. If that's how he wants to run his business, that's fine, but I won't be a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Hi Dave, Lenny has pretty well summed up my argument (although I'm happy with a slightly larger photo size). On the whole I care less about dimensions and more about Kb wastage. With decent jpeg compression you can have a pretty large pic with (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) No. But I'm struggling with the term "betrayed". People felt understandably upset about losing a wonderful resource like Brickshelf, but the only way I could make sense of that word would be in the context in which I spoke. (...) No (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) (emphasis added) A slight correction: many of us felt upset because being denied to other people's content. I don't use BrickShelf to store my photos online, I use it to keep track of all the amazing MOCs out there. Are you suggesting I am (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com

(...) Exactly! So, if someone doesn't come along and offer 100s of hours of personal time and $1000s of personal income to create a place like Brickshelf, it never happens, and the community never becomes what it is today. (...) Life is uncertain. I (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jul-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact