 General / 5405
Re: This is getting too easy :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 21:09:17 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
news:FEKIzy.ELo@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, John VanZwieten writes:
It makes me wonder just what another year at this will bring. . .

Great story, John!

A year from now, maybe the information will come looking for you!  :-)

Yikes!!

Actually I was wondering if there would come a time when it's no longer
neccessary to ask _any_ questions on LUGNET.  Just search the appropriate
newgroups (and of course search lugnet.general to find out which newsgroups
are appropriate) to find others who have asked/answered your question.

This function of LUGNET as an archive of answers to questions points out a
great advantage of focusing the scope of individual newgroups.  5 years from
now when there are 50 times as many messages, focused groups will make more
focused searches easier.

On another topic, has there been any effort to collect high-quality scans of
box fronts and backs?
--Well, here I go again.  A search of box scans gave me the answer in the
first message:
http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=744

What is the status of this effort, and are the scans available?

-John Van