 General / 5398
5397  |  5399
Subject:
This is getting too easy :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 19:50:04 GMT

I came home with a case full of Lego yesterday I picked up at a resale shop.
There were no instructions, but there were 2 single-piece garage-door-looking
pieces I hadn't seen before, so I intended to post a message here for help
identifying the set.

Instead I decided to do a quick search for "garage door" using LUGNET's
ever-so-handy seach feature.  Within the first few posts was someone who had
asked the exact same question and had found the set number of a 1985 Basic
set.

A quick set number search confirmed that this was indeed what I had.  Two more
clicks and I was downloading instructions from kl.net, and within 5 minutes of
starting the search my kids and I were happily building from printed out
instructions.

I'm guessing that just a year ago I could have spent an hour or more searching
for this set.

Kudos and thanks to all who have so greatly improved Lego fan resources.  I am
especially impressed with Todd's search engine, which seems to deliver a
higher signal-to-noise ratio than most I've seen.  Maybe it's just the high
ratio generally present on LUGNET.

It makes me wonder just what another year at this will bring. . .

-John Van