 General / 53623
Re: Spam using harvested addresses from lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 15:30:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dean Earley wrote:
Hi all.

There seems to be a bot that is using email addresses harvested from
lugnet news.

I just noticed that you sign your posts with your name and e-mail address.  My
guess is that the e-mail is being harvested from there.  Lugnet wouldn't be able
to do anything about that, as the bot is probably reading the rendered HTML.

It might not reduce your current spam, as the address is already posted, but if
you don't include your e-mail address in your signature, it should keep bots
from finding your address in future posts.

-Elroy