 General / 53534
Re: Lego Top Seller Data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 22:31:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
Wow, something really took a dive on 30th April, maybe that was when the half
price Death Star sold out?

Batman Dragster!

http://www.suave.net/~dave/cgi/top_sell_form.cgi?highlight=7779&min_time=1173733324&max_time=1177991999&view=1

On April 19th, Lego started putting a bunch of stuff on sale, like the Batman
Dragster, Wild Hunters, DUPLO Handy Box, and.... other stuff. It also sent out
an email that day, which started driving up sales of the discounted items. Some
of the sale sets started showing up on the top sellers list as of around April
20th, with some latecomers on subsequent days.  Ferrari Finish Line, Wild
Hunters, and Batman Dragster made a HUGE jump with the sale, but the Dragster
stopped rather abruptly on the 30th-- presumably because it sold out sometime on
the 30th or the 29th or so? I dunno, I'm just assuming it sold out.

There's a bit of a delay in the statistics because the top seller data appears
to be the "top sellers for the last 168 hours". For instance, check out the UCS
Millenium Falcon:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/cgi/top_sell_form.cgi?highlight=10179&min_time=1173733324&max_time=1176091199&view=1

Lego stopped offering free shipping on March 31st, so there's a HUGE increase in
sales, and then pretty much exactly 7 days later, it drops off the top seller
list completely. It's likely that it sold *no* copies (or very few copies) on
April 3rd, but it was still the #1 seller that day, presumably because it had
sold so phenomenally well on the 1st that it was still the "top seller for the
last 7 days". And about as soon as March 31st drops off the 7-day time period,
ka-blammo! The UCS Falcon is off the list entirely.

DaveE