 General / 53297 (-10)
  How big is the hobby and how big can it be?

The other day I found myself pondering a few things: How big is the AFOL community? And perhaps more interestingly, why is it the size that it is? I started thinking about this with all the discussion about LEGO conferences and shows being put on. (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Peeron Fund Drive

I just noticed (URL) this>. I really appreciate services like Peeron and all of the hard work contributed by people like Dan and Jennifer to the AFOL community so I am posting this in .general so everyone will notice it and click (URL) here> to make (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Internationalization of Lego - A History

(...) I cannot date these catalogues: (URL) it says: Concessionaria per l'Italia: (Concessionaire for Italy) D.I.G.A. Milano, Via P.F. Mola 19, tel. 396 - 368 D.I.G.A. Milano, Viale Certosa, 125, 364 - 040 bye, w. (18 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOfan - is it dead?

(...) Kelly, Thanks for the update. I have been checking a couple of times each week to see if it was back up and running. Thanks for the redirect too. I wasn't certain where to place it, but knew the Ambassadors where frequent posters. Todd (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGOfan - is it dead?

(...) Hi Todd, LEGOFan is currently offline due to a disk drive problem which took down the RAID array. We've been working with Eric at Northstar Computers to get it fixed, but it looks like the drive(s) are hosed at a low level, and require a clean (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The Texas State Railroad Project - TSRR #300

(...) Here are some good photos of the real thing: (2 URLs) --Anthony (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  The Texas State Railroad Project - TSRR #300

I've nearly finished the second locomotive in my Texas State Railroad Project, the Consolodation type #300. As I said in my first post, I am building these locomotives in support of the Texas State Railroad. If you have the time and haven't already (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) This really pretty big news and seems to have not got much press around here. I stumbed across a link to this site being advertised on BrickShelf: (2 URLs) For those who like K'nex or thought it may have possibilities in the Lego world, now (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Some announcements :-)

Hi all, BrickJournal is progressing toward release of Issue 6. Layouts are being sent to proof now and followups to articles are going from me this week. The Journal also took a major step in staffing when we got a person to start a European Bureau. (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: LEGO® Systems, Inc. sells Enfield complex for $58.9 million

(...) Keep in mind that wages in the U.S. are considerably less than in much of Western Europe. In Switzerland, the minimum wage is $22/hour. A lot of that is a consequence of the effects of VAT on national economies over there. Production in the (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact