 General / 5319
  Re: are flexible technic axles really axles?

(...) Only sort of agree. While this is a four bun setup, the rear wheels do not steer. They must use the bun for decorative purposes only. There is a solid axle going through the bun back to the differential. But the front shows the assembly very (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: are flexible technic axles really axles?

(...) I argree with Larry. I have that set (8440) and the way they configured the rear wheel connections, ( I hesitate the use the word "suspension" as, for me, that implys a use of shock asorbing qualities, which, other than the tires themselves, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: are flexible technic axles really axles?

(...) I was incorrect. oops : ) . I found the instructions and they rely on the straight axle thru the "bun" into the technic part on the frame then to the differential to hold them straight, no attachment to the "bun" at all sorry John (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <37834940.65256252@v...er.net>... (...) True. I was refering to the use of the A frame pieces and buns. The 8440 is not 4 wheel steering. -Rob. (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)