 General / 52880
    Re: One really pissed off Lego customer! —Ondrew Hartigan
   (...) I knew the price of the parts and that there would be shipping however I didn’t know about the new shipping price structure or the sales tax thing until the second page of checkout. (...) If I did, I would, but that is not the case. I am after (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: One really pissed off Lego customer! —David Eaton
     (...) Actually, Illinois looks wierd. Looks like it's variable sales tax depending on the district, which I had never heard of before. Chicago, for instance, looks like it has a 9% sales tax. And, if you calculate the sales tax *after* the shipping (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: One really pissed off Lego customer! —Josh Breese
     (...) Hmm, here is the screen directly before you confirm your order. What more warning do you need? (URL) Sorry, but you seem to be flaming (or trolling) Lego. I'm gonna defend Lego. It would be flaming to call you an idiot, which I'm not gonna do. (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: One really pissed off Lego customer! —Josh Breese
     (...) Hmm, here is the screen directly before you confirm your order. What more warning do you need? (URL) Sorry, but you seem to be flaming (or trolling) Lego. I'm gonna defend Lego. It would be flaming to call you an idiot, which I'm not gonna do. (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: One really pissed off Lego customer! —Elroy Davis
   (...) The problem with Shipping costs is that they very rarely cover just shipping. Also included are the costs of packaging, warehousing, handling, etc. "Shipping Cost" really isn't an accurate description. There are a few issues with basing (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)