 General / 52853
    Lego Vs. Superglue . . . Help me get unstuck, please!!! —Josh Breese
   Hello all, So, I bought some brick from a woman in San Diego. Of the sets she sent me, two were glued together with superglue! It appears, from the few pieces that have fallen off, that the kid only glued the base of one brick onto the top of the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego Vs. Superglue . . . Help me get unstuck, please!!! —Anthony Sava
   (...) I'm not a chemist, nor am I the authority on any subject, but in my limited life experience with super glue and models - I'm afraid you're out of luck. One of the things that makes superglue work so well at bonding two things together is that (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego Vs. Superglue . . . Help me get unstuck, please!!! —Josh Breese
   Hmmmm. Interesting . . . Then maybe he didn't use superglue, because I definately see some residue on some of the loose bricks I was able to pry apart. The glue is clear, completely translucent, but on some of the brick i peeled apart, I can see the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego Vs. Superglue . . . Help me get unstuck, please!!! —Gerhard R. Istok
     Josh, I too think you may be in luck. Most parents don't even let their kids use superglue, because it will bond 2 fingers together as well (without melting them of course!). There are safety warnings on the glue container, so parents should keep it (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego Vs. Superglue . . . Help me get unstuck, please!!! —Timothy P. Smith
     (...) Might be model glue, which doesn't bond very well to ABS. Try soaking in warm (almost hot) water, then pulling. It might work. (18 years ago, 27-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego Vs. Superglue . . . Help me get unstuck, please!!! —Aaron M. Sneary
   (...) Since you mentioned she might have gotten it from LLCA, I'm wondering if it's possibly not GLUE, but MEK residue or GBL- the two options the model builders use. MEK won't come loose in acetone, because it's not a glue, but a solvent the (...) (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego Vs. Superglue . . . Help me get unstuck, please!!! —Josh Breese
   (...) Well, you have a good point that I don't NEED to remove them, but what is the fun of building if you can't first take apart? Plus, if I ever want to sell them, I don't think I could with them being glued. I don't know, Legos glued together is (...) (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.general)