 General / 52843
  Flex system hose

Hello, Regarding the flex system hose that is used for hand rails and such on trains: Has anyone ever tried sourcing this elsewhere other than in lego sets? Might it be available at hardware stores? Thanks, Jonathan (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Flex system hose

(...) I've used 1/8" plastic tubing I found at a hobby shop, it is a bit stiffer than the Lego stuff but it works fine. It's only available in white, but you could probably paint it a different color. And since it's not 'official Lego', I have no (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Flex system hose

(...) https://enep.festo.c...ustomer_us ...or any other pneumatic tube supplier. And they might have more than one color, too (in my xperience, I've seen blue, black, light gray and semi opaq white). There are softer ones, and l (18 years ago, 20-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Flex system hose

(...) https://www.festo.com (choose your country, look at the products/catalog and find tubing and piping under "pneumatic connectors", specially "outside diemeter tubing") ...or any other pneumatic tube supplier. And they might have more than one (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Flex system hose

(...) Thanks. I thought that might be the case. Hardware stores in the area I live in tend to be able to come up with just about anything you could want. I'll check it out. Thanks again, Jonathan (18 years ago, 21-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Flex system hose

(...) I had a look at the 1/8" plastic tubing in model railway shops and stalls at shows. I think it's ABS or polystyrene. I have no issues with cutting the tubes either :-) but I don't like painting stuff used as or with LEGO bricks. I think the (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)