 General / 52837
  Long Term Packaging

The time has come. After just having turned 18, and thereby ascending from the title "KABOB" to an "AFOL," I now descend into my dark ages as I head off to college. :-( Sad? Yes. But I want to make my dark ages a smooth one. I've been sorting bricks (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Long Term Packaging

(...) Yellowing may not just be due to sun. A few years back, I opened some sealed sets that were from the 70s. They had yellowed blue bricks (but not all the blue bricks), so I assume there are other causes of yellowing than just UV damage (and the (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Long Term Packaging

(...) Frank, I noticed the same thing in regards to the yellowing of blue bricks in a long ago sealed late 1960's set. For me it was blue sloped bricks. At least with Cellulose Acetate there are other known causes of damage to bricks. Both heat and (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Long Term Packaging

(...) Blue bricks? Interesting. (...) Awesome. Thanks! (...) - Dan (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Long Term Packaging

(...) Yes, blue definitely also yellows. Several years ago I bought out a kids collection. I found a significant number of yellowed blue bricks. I don't think I've ever seen discolored red, green, yellow, black, or dark grey bricks (though looking (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)