 General / 52732 (-20)
  Re: American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture?

Well lets see there are a few things missing from this Doctors discussions.... 1) Most Lego sets from 1955-65 had one thing in common.... the picture on the box top had nothing to do with what was inside the box! 2) Until around 1965 most sets (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

  Re: American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture?

(...) --SNIP-- (...) As with all generalisations this is likely to have some degree of truth to it. The article is a little trite but the point is interesting. I've certainly noticed that AFOLs from different countries tend to have different (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.us, FTX)

  Re: American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture?

(...) I guess I can't agree with the analogy, unless they're driving at something very different. American kids do NOT want to go build their own things. They follow the instructions, and they're done. True, I think the model often comes apart when (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

  American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture?

Just saw this via Google News: (URL) Selling Lego and The "Culture Code" for Germany> by Clotaire Rapaille (June 6, 2006) DNA makes a creature human, but what makes someone an American? Is there a "culture code" that programs us to become German, or (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

  Spongebob Sets Out Now

The new spongebob sets are out now at toys r us just thought i would share (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Server switchover

Since you announced it, Suz, I can just as well announce that I am technically in charge of the switchover as I am the hoster and maintainer of the new machine(s). The duplicates of the last days were a side-effect of a first data load on the new (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jun-06, to lugnet.general)

  Custom Lego soldiers for sale

Hi all, I've started selling some of my custom Lego soldiers on eBay - these are brand new assembled only for selling. They are fully compatable with the Lego Adventurers range. (URL) If you would like these, please place a bid, you might win them. (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jun-06, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Server Hiccup?

Folks, I need to apologize, we are preparing a new server for lugnet.com and somehow today's transfer of data seems to have spawned a number of news-to-mail forwards for you subscribers out there. This was not intended and should not happen again. (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Server Hiccup?

ME TOO. Mostly from .trains SteveB (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Server Hiccup?

(...) A big ME TOO! --Jack AFOL, St. Louis (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Server Hiccup?

I'm getting a bunch of old posts via email all at once. Stuff from at least the end of April, probably older. I know this has happned a couple of years ago and I got something like 300+ emails in a very short time. I assume it's not just me at this (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  LEGO Dinner in Hamilton, Ontario on June 22nd 2006

Are you a fan of Lego? Do you live in Southwestern Ontario? Are you 18 years or order? Do you enjoy Space, Castle, Trains, Technic, Starwars, Batman, or any other LEGO theme? I am one of three known residents in the Hamilton Ontario area, who are (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  BrickFest Bulletin: 200 and building! And calls for....

(URL) 200? Already? BrickFest has passed the 200 registered attendee mark a little faster than I thought. While this is a great thing, it does mean I have to reevaluate things to make sure that things run smoothly. So I will encourage those who have (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Lego TV commercial

I do not know if it is new but I found out that Lego now publishes some TV commercial through shop at home. Go to those links, you will see a "video" button under the image : Batwing : (URL) : (URL) : (URL) : (URL) Star destroyer : (URL) (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Would You Like To Play A Game Of Chess? I Play Very Well....

(...) Hello, Ed! You are exactly right-- those are the elements Ross used. He bound them together with a 2x16 plate. The rest is fairly simple. I'll pass along the kudos to Ross! JOHN (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Would You Like To Play A Game Of Chess? I Play Very Well....

(...) Nice! I just finished helping my son make a checkerboard (because it's easy for a first try) on LEGO Factory, and I wanted to make it fold too, but no car roof hinges in the brickset, so we'll modify it to make it fold nicely like Ross has (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Catalogs That Span 2 Years

.... and while I'm on an "end of USA Samsonite" tangent. Look at this page from a 1972 J.C. Penney catalog.... these department store Samsonite Lego catalog sets (unique to USA) had huge parts counts... huge sets with over 800, 900, and 1,200 parts (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.general)

  Lego Catalogs That Span 2 Years

Just checking to see if anyone still reads lugnet.general.... Since 1955, I have discovered that there are 3 Lego catalogs that span 2 years. 1956-57 Lego catalogs - In Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Germany (all the countries that sold Lego (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Would You Like To Play A Game Of Chess? I Play Very Well....

(...) That's awesome! I think I can see how to make the pieces, but the folding board looks tricky. Got better pictures so we can make our own? (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  GeekBrick Live Episode 1 Available!

(URL) GeekBrick Live is ready and available for download. (URL) del.icio.us Links> (URL) Flickr Set> Click below to get the episode: (URL) Normal Feed> (URL) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact