 General / 52385
    Murfle? —C. L. GunningCook
   Curious, I just happened to have this brought to my attention, (URL) and forgive me if this has been announced or discussed, but is this a new "feature" of Lugnet, and will we be seeing more of this in the future? Janey "Red Brick" (18 years ago, 30-Mar-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.terms) !!

        Re: Murfle? —Timothy Gould
     (...) I think it's a good compromise solution. It is still possible to see the original message but it requires action rather than accident. People are not meant to swear on Lugnet and if they don't pull their message then I think this is a fair (...) (18 years ago, 30-Mar-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

         Re: Murfle? —C. L. GunningCook
     (...) Tim, I agree, to a point, I don't really care if LUGNET decides that "murflement" is THEIR answer. I don't know Suz or Todd, to any great degree aside from having the pleasure of meeting them both, but I feel I have conversed with Todd enough (...) (18 years ago, 30-Mar-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

        Re: Murfle? —James Wilson
   It's also curious that a search for "murfl" turns up nothing. Still, I think it's a good idea to rein in some of the meanness... (18 years ago, 30-Mar-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

        Re: Murfle? —Ross Crawford
   (...) It seems to me the message remains the same on the NNTP server, and more importantly the search index, so searching for any word in the original post will retrieve it. In fact, searching for one of the known "questionable" words in the post (...) (18 years ago, 30-Mar-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

        Re: Murfle? —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) The way Lugnet is built, any changes like murlfing or editting of one's post and including FTX format, won't work in NNTP. Back when I'd chat with Todd often, I'd give him ideas on improvements to Lugnet's software, and many of those ideas (...) (18 years ago, 30-Mar-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.terms)