 General / 52262 (-20)
  Re: My name is the Lorax, I speak for trees!

(...) hey anthony, i'm glad you took the time to try this out. the trees look great. it's nice to know i'm going to be able to get more than 2 trees out of my 1000 or so foliage parts. ondrew (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: My name is the Lorax, I speak for trees!

(...) The creator finally speaks! I saw those pics on BS about a week or so ago and just said "WOW!" I especially like this little one- (URL) Adr. (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  My name is the Lorax, I speak for trees!

(URL) My name is the Lorax, I speak for the trees! Truffula trees are what everyone needs! After John Neal posted his (URL) awesome, and gargantuan, trees>, I decided I needed to make some of my own. The Lorax was really just built for the fun of (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: a town structure contest!! <- $200 in prizes

(...) [...] (...) Ondrew, I am writing just to say that it is very cool that you have decided to do something like this. I also wrote to say that I won't be entering... it's not because I don't want to build and share. It's just that I learned that (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  S@H catalog design changes

Has anyone else picked up on the design changes in the late December 2005 and January 2006 Shop at Home catalogs? There seems to be a lot more white space and fewer action and blur effects. Rather than product shots on vibrant, busy backgrounds, the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.general)

  Set 1551, and a general question

Where is the appropriate place to post corrections and additions to the Set database? I have a set 1551 sitting in front of me (the little Easter Chick set) that I dug out of my closet back home last week. It has 39¢ for a price printed right on the (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.general)

  Old news to us, but...

Check it out (URL) here.> 35. The name Lego came from two Danish words "leg godt", meaning "play well". It also means "I put together" in Latin. Dave! (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: a town structure contest!! <- $200 in prizes

In lugnet.town, Ondrew Hartigan wrote: i'd hate to think no one is interested in free stuff. so in an effort to get this contest some attention and exposure i'm crossposting to .trains and .general. ondrew ......... (...) Rules 1. Time limit - 2 (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Christmas 2005 Loot List!

(...) I (sadly) didn't get any actual LEGO products, but I got some money (plan to save most for a Mac Mini, and buy one of the new City sets), and with some book store money I bought my self the Unofficial LEGO Builders Guide, which should come in (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.general)

  SCLTC enters final two weeks at SDMRRM; Pictures!

SCLTC's annual winter show at the (URL) San Diego Model Railroad Museum> is now in its final two weeks! (10 URLs) This batch of layout pictures is posted (URL). -Ted Michon SCLTC (19 years ago, 3-Jan-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest 2006?

(...) Hi Kevin, JoeG, and all: I was out of town this weekend and am just now reviewing this discussion. Thank you so much for your interest and I would definite like to talk to you all about the possibility of a BrickFest in Indianapolis, IN as (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jan-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Re: Christmas 2005 Loot List!

(...) Oh, and a nice little holiday card from Joe Meno with a Lego rocking horse scene on it!!! Thanks Joe!!!! M (19 years ago, 3-Jan-06, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.general)

  Re: Unknown Minitalia Lego Element?

(...) Thank you Carlo! This is the first cardboard roof I have ever seen by TLG. So it is a textured green cardboard roof. Very interesting! Ciao! Gary Istok (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Unknown Minitalia Lego Element?

(...) Textured cardboard. Here: (URL) description says: "Ecco come si appoggia sui mattoncini il tetto di cartone." "This is how you put cardboard roof on bricks". (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: BrickFest 2006?

(...) Unable to use GMU does not mean she is stepping down as organizer. I'd check this assumption. (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Unknown Minitalia Lego Element?

Thanks to the great websites of Italian's Luca Giannitti and Gianluca Morelli (and others), I have been studying the early 1970's Minitalia Lego sets unique to Italy. I am finishing up the Lego CD chapter on Minitalia. In doing so, I uncovered a (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.general)

  Re: BrickFest 2006?

Hi JoeG, This sounds like a great course of action. When I did BrickFest PDX the very first step was I privately contacted Christina and discussed this with her. Then I talked to all (I did acidentally missed one) the west coast clubs to make sure (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Re: BrickFest 2006?

I have an email in to Christina to confirm/deny etc. I certainly would not want to step on her toes (or anyone elses for that matter). But I think I have some good ideas for a workable/good venue in Indianapolis. This would likely make it a bit less (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Re: Christmas 2005 Loot List!

(...) I didn't get any actual LEGO bricks, but I did get: 1)'The Unofficial LEGO Builder's Guide', by Allan Bedford (nice book Allan). 2)A Tyco Telephone (yes, a clone product, but very cool). And although not a Christmas gift, the HTF LEGO book, (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.general)

  Re: BrickFest 2006?

(...) Although IANAL, I'd advise not even using the term "BrickFest", which is a trademark of Brick Events LLC and AMH Productions LLC (from the Brickfest.com website). JOHN (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact